Pages

Monday, October 5, 2015

october's rule

It's late, sunday night and I'm holed up in my bedroom with a pen, some paper and a glass of water with lemon.
 
That's it. There's no punch line here. This is me, trying to write.
 
You would think after 11 months of writing 100+ blog posts that it would be easy, a piece of cake (mmm, cake) but it's not.

My idea for a rule is somewhat formed but the words are not flowing, not tonight.  Rather, they're sitting on the tip of my tongue and that's frustrating. So, I take another sip of my lemon water and try again.

Know what else is frustrating? Knowing that I had all weekend to write this post and didn't. I waited until the last minute and now I am writing in the midst of brain fog, baby feedings and bed time for the older kids. And it's getting LOUD here, not helpful.

Okay, so what's this really about? One word, procrastination (and this month's rule:)

October's rule is all about the ways we delay, put off or postpone things. What things? Well, things like studying for tests, doing homework, exercising, working on that resume, calling a friend or relative, tackling that huge pile of laundry, starting that diet, scheduling that overdue doctor appointment, making time for _______ and writing blog posts.

You get the idea.

We're calling October's rule, BITE THE LEMON because this month we're sinking our teeth into all our last minute ways.

But first, a bit of cake sounds really, really good. Happy Monday:)

No comments:

Post a Comment